Call for Papers
Themes for this year’s Colloquium:
Drawing our emphasis from the ideals expounded upon in the DHEC’s The Dominican Charism in Higher Education: A Vision in Service of Truth (published by Dominican University [River Forest, IL]), the steering committee welcomes presentations or papers revolving around the following topics:
1. The capacity of the intellect to appropriate truth.
2. The role of the Disputatio and engaged learning in seeking truth.
3. The integration of study and contemplation, both inside and outside of the classroom.
4. Seeing God in all things (and in all places: the classroom, the chapel, the athletic field, the student center, etc.).
5. The interconnection of Providence, the pursuit of truth, and the call to justice and mercy.
6. The importance of embracing diversity in a learning community that seeks truth in God’s Providence.
All submissions are due by February 16, 2018 and must be emailed to DHEC2018@providence.edu. Please use the form below for all submissions.