Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is an international, nonprofit organization dedicated to building homes for families living in poverty. The vision of Habitat is to build a world where everyone has a decent place to live. To date, Habitat has helped build over 500,000 decent, affordable houses and served 2.5 million people worldwide.
PC’s chapter of Habitat for Humanity sends over 100 students on Spring Break service trips each year, organizes Saturday Builds in the city of Providence during the academic year, and puts on campus events to educate the PC community about Habitat and raise funds for this great organization.
Applications for the 2020 Habitat Spring Break trip are due by 4:30 pm on Friday October 11th.Spring Break Application
A $50 deposit is required and should be dropped off to Jane McGuirk in the Campus Ministry Center (basement of the Chapel) upon completion. Both cash and checks (made out to “Providence College”) are accepted. Students also have the option of making a payment through EventBrite (link coming soon)
Important Dates for the Habitat Spring Break Trip Participants
- Sunday September 29 – Habitat Applications Go Live/ Released
- Tuesday October 1 and Thursday October 3 – Habitat Information Sessions held at 9:00 PM in Campus Ministry
- Friday October 25 – Completed Applications Due at Midnight
- Week of October 28-November 1 – Leader Interviews
- Sunday November 17 – Leaders Retreat
- Sunday November 24 – Habitat Coffeehouse in which leaders and groups are revealed