Planning Your Wedding

Those eligible to be married in St. Dominic Chapel are: Providence College alumni, members of the current faculty and staff, and degree-seeking students, one or both being Roman Catholic.

You must make arrangements for a Roman Catholic priest or deacon to officiate at your wedding.  The Office of the Chaplain does not assume that responsibility.

Your pastor – or the officiating priest or deacon for your wedding – must complete all required church documents and ensure that Pre-Cana instruction is given by himself or another priest or deacon.

If a previous marriage is involved, official documentation of both the civil divorce and the formal Catholic church annulment from the local diocese must be received prior to discussing a date for your wedding.